Software Engineer (AWS)
EMD Serono is currently seeking a Software Engineer (AWS) for their Cambridge Ma, location.
At EMD Digital, the Digital business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany in the U.S., we have a long-standing legacy of making a difference in the lives of patients and their loved ones. Helping to create, improve and prolong lives fuels our passion.
If you would like to take the next step in your career, working with cutting edge technology and a great team, we would like to speak to you!
If you have experience with digital product design and development and enjoy working with a cloud-native, serverless AWS stack.
Relocation assistance is available
As a Software Engineer (AWS), you will:
- Help our multi-disciplinary business, data scientists and product teams to understand and build market leading digital products that encompass computer vision, in silico modeling, complex health record data and other cutting-edge technologies.
- Continuously evaluate and bring new technologies and services into our infrastructure to help us focus on our core vision: making science faster.
- Design and implement APIs from the ground up to bring our services to end users.
- Work on greenfield projects with the freedom to use many of the latest AWS products and technologies.
- Use your creativity for finding innovative, cost-efficient and sustainable technologies and services while staying compliant to life science regulations and data privacy guidelines.
- Drive automation and industrialization of our digital product platform resulting in high uptime and low operational overhead.
- Ensure the security, scalability and uptime of our distributed, cloud-based environments.
- Bachelors or master's degree in a relevant field.
- 5 plus years of experience backend, Digital Product Development (Website or SaaS)
- AWS Stack experience (Deep Stack)
- Proficiency working with and automating the AWS ecosystem across many low (e.g. EC2, RDS) and high-level services (API Gateway, Fargate, Lambda, Step Functions).
- Proficiency with AWS SDKs and scripting languages such as NodeJS or Python.
- AWS Solution Architect Professional certified or similar certification, proof of experience.
- Experience with good API design practices.
- Experience with keeping an infrastructure up and running as part of a team.
- Experience with automated testing, continuous integration and deployment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a global, team-oriented culture and environment.