Upper Deck Staffing Company
Second Line Operator
Job Title: Assistant Line Operator
Under the direction of VP operations and or Dept Supervisor oversees hourly employees to ensure the production of the highest quality products at the lowest possible cost, while meeting company standards for quality and performance, customer specifications and delivery requirements, in accordance with policies and procedures.
Overview: Must have the technical ability to operate all types of full converting line and finishing equipment within standards for waste, quality and productivity. Understands and adheres to all Standard Operating Procedures. Set up and operate all special functions and capabilities with minimal supervision or direction. Train other employees when requested or required to do so. Analyze issues, determine and implement solutions. Provide innovative / creative solutions for opportunities and or improvements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Possess and demonstrates developing leadership qualities. Use leadership skills to direct press crews in the efficient operation of the company’s machines
- Reads and understand all information on job ticket pertaining to a specific job. Ensures that all necessary components to produce the job are present. Does not move forward on any job with conflicting information.
- Fully understands how to achieve print quality and register equipment to produce required quality and can achieve acceptable registration within specified M/R standards.
- Understands all technical aspects of press controls and can set up and operate; splicer, gluer, Straub applicators, Label Applicators, rotary cutter, register systems, etc.
- Understands tension controls, and ancillary equipment. Knowledge of how to web up the line, capable of setting glue rollers, changing plates, cylinders and glue pads. Has the ability to perform minor mechanical repairs and adjustments.
- Performs Cleaning as required according to Standard Operating Procedure 1.01 and as directed by the First operator.
- Fully understands and maintains accurate counts on every job
- Maintains a safe work environment
QUALIFICATIONS and/or Experience
Requires four years of high school and five to seven of progressively responsible related experience; or a combination of education and experience.Apply