Respiratory Care Practitioner
La Rabida Children's Hospital
Two (2) Full-time positions - 1 Days (7a-7p) 1 Nights (7p-7a) ...three 12 hour shifts
Two (2) Part-time positions - 2 Nights (7p-7a) … two 12 hour shifts
Who we are:
La Rabida Children’s Hospital is the only hospital of its kind in Chicago. We specialize in treatment of chronic illnesses, developmental disabilities, abuse and trauma.
La Rabida provides comprehensive, interdisciplinary health services to children across a continuum of care, serving as a model for family-centered care.
La Rabida is a very special place. Triumphs occur here. Children overcome odds and excel beyond hope. This is where those who serve gain more than they give. La Rabida offers rewarding job opportunities across a wide array of clinical, administrative and support service functions.
Our lakefront location is spectacular. If you’re ready to work for an organization where caring is a way of life, you’ve come to the right place.
- Performs clinical duties of the Respiratory Care Practitioner consistent with the Hospital mission and scope of care.
- Administration of therapeutic gases, medicinal and bland aerosols, bronchial hygiene procedures, noninvasive monitoring, and ventilatory support.
- Administration of, but not limited to; nebulizer therapy, chest physiotherapy, oxygen set up, weaning, code blue, and teaching parents to draw up correct dosage of medication for nebulization treatment.
What we need from you:
- Graduate of an AMA approved program of respiratory care.
- Experience with a variety of mechanical ventilators.
- CRT or RRT required.
- CPR is required.
- Illinois RT license required.
- Previous experience must include ventilators.
- Previous pediatric experience preferred.
What you will receive:
· Competitive Salary
· Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
· Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and Accident Insurance
· Retirement Plan - plan for your future and life after La Rabida with our customized 403b plan with generous matching
· Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) - we make sure employees have the time they need to recharge and be the best versions of themselves!
· Tuition Reimbursement - looking to continue your education toward a Bachelor's or Master's Degree.
La Rabida Children’s Hospital is very proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.