Scheduler & Accounts Coordinator, Rehab
La Rabida Children's Hospital
Who we are:
La Rabida Children’s Hospital is the only hospital of its kind in Chicago. We specialize in treatment of chronic illnesses, developmental disabilities, abuse and trauma.
La Rabida provides comprehensive, interdisciplinary health services to children across a continuum of care, serving as a model for family-centered care.
La Rabida is a very special place. Triumphs occur here. Children overcome odds and excel beyond hope. This is where those who serve gain more than they give. La Rabida offers rewarding job opportunities across a wide array of clinical, administrative and support service functions.
Our lakefront location is spectacular. If you’re ready to work for an organization where caring is a way of life, you’ve come to the right place.
1 Part-time position (28 hours per week)
- Ensure that the therapists’ appointments are correctly scheduled, schedules are maximized, parents are informed on their therapy benefits and that the hospital gets fully reimbursed for therapy services.
- Checks eligibility obtains and tracks pre-authorizations and pre-certifications for all patients in Developmental and Rehabilitative Services.
- Communicates with payors and families regarding authorization, certification, reauthorization and denials.
- Assists staff and families with these processes.
- Provide a level of advocacy when being met with resistance from the payor
- Complete specific clinical intakes.
- Schedules all initial appointments for PT, OT, Speech and Infant Development and helps with recurring appointments.
- Assists and collaborates with rehab administrative staff regarding specialty scheduling such as Adaptive Seating, Orthotics, Team, Oral-Motor/Feeding Clinic and Early Intervention services.
- Easily works within timelines, copes with pressure and knows how and when to escalate issues.
- High school diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum two years experience required; prefer 5 years of scheduling /billing/ business office experience in hospital or physician /rehab office setting; prefer experience in rehab setting.
- Able to navigate a variety of EMRs (electronic medical records) required.
- Ability to run reports in EMR required.
- Experience with insurance benefit verification and eligibility for services required.
- Experience obtaining authorizations and pre-certifications for therapy services and referral management from Medicaid (Illinois and Indiana), managed care and commercial insurances required.
- Medical terminology and government agency regulations experience required.
- hospital-based, rehab experience and rehab terminology knowledge preferred.
- Experience with computerized patient scheduling systems and registration functions required.
- MediTech and Athena experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge and skill of Excel spreadsheets and other modes of data collection, monitoring and tracking required.
- Advanced ability to communicate effectively and proactively with staff, patients and third party payers required.
- Bi-lingual Spanish preferred.