Landscape Project Manager
QUALIFICATIONS AND DESIRED BEHAVIORS
The Landscape Project Manager position requires the selected candidate to possess:
- 4+ years’ experience in the landscape industry - Horticulture degree preferred
- Physically capable of outdoor labor – lifting, carrying, planting, etc. as needed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership and people skills.
- Excellent horticultural knowledge and ability to teach others.
- Able to translate technical information to a focused and specific assignment.
- Provide a goal oriented work process while motivating and leading others with a supportive atmosphere.
- Self-motivation and a commitment to high quality.
- Current and clear driver’s license.
- Current pesticide applicator’s license (or ability to obtain within 1 month).
- CLT and ISA Arborist certificate is desirable.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
The Landscape Project Manager is responsible for landscape maintenance contracts which include both upkeep of plant health and irrigation systems. The Landscape Project Manager position involves regular meetings with clients or their representatives, creating work schedules, coordinating with subcontractors, contract compliance and direct supervision of work crews. The Landscape Project Manager position is also responsible for training of crews to assure work performance meets company and client standards, and oversees that the work is executed efficiently, safely and within budget. Daily activities include following and fulfilling the schedule of tasks to be completed, assisting in the care of turf and plant material, pesticide spraying, meeting safety standards, and communicating with clients.
The Landscape Project Manager position requires the selected candidate to be responsible for:
- Oversee ongoing work to ascertain if work is being performed according to specifications and insure it will be completed according to schedule.
- Delegate duties to crew leaders.
- Keep employee time records, and records of daily work performed.
- Assist crews in performing work when completion is critical.
- Confer with Sr. Management on schedules and other deliverables.
- Enforce company policies and procedures.
- Train crews in safe and proper use of equipment.
- Train crews in proper care and safe handling of all materials including such tasks as transplanting and pruning, fence repair and turf care.
- Plan for equipment needs and maintenance.
Our client company has been in business for over a decade and is a premier garden center and landscape services provider to the Greater Chicagoland Area. They are acknowledged as a leader in the horticulture market and employ a highly skilled staff of horticulturists, designers, account managers and maintenance professionals. The company provides its services to a discerning commercial, municipal and residential customers and they find a need to add an experienced Landscape Project Manager to their staff to work with their clients.
TOTAL REWARDS OPPORTUNITY
- Above market base pay
- Health plan
- Paid holiday and vacation
Apply to this exciting Landscape Project Management opportunity today! We ensure your confidentiality!!