Research Assistant - Center for Bionic Medicine, Full-time
Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
The Research Assistant is responsible for conducting literature searches, data management, recruiting participants, obtaining consents, maintaining files, scheduling and conducting interviews of patients and family members, maintaining data collection files, assisting with data analysis and generating correspondence, reports and graphics.
The Research Assistant will consistently demonstrate support of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab statement of Vision, Mission and Core Values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The Research Assistant will demonstrate Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and Core Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, and Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
- Normal office/research laboratory environment with little or no exposure to dust or extreme temperature.
- May involve travel to other hospital/research sites and possibly to participants’ homes. Interviews/experiments may require flexible day, evening and/or weekend hours.
- Reports directly to Lab Manager, Research Scientist, or Project Director
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Research Assistant will:
Responsibilities will vary according to the project in which the RA is assigned, but could include any or all of the following:
- Recruits research study participants through consulting hospital-site staff to identify potential participants and reviewing medical records to determine appropriateness.
- Conducts on and off site interviews using a variety of structured and non-structured questionnaires.
- Explains study to patients and family members, and requests participation, obtaining informed consent.
- Schedules and confirms participants for hospital and/or home interviews.
- Retrieves and records data from medical records and records data from interviews on appropriate forms.
- Assists in development of data tables, graphs and charts and preparation of material for presentation
- Assists in the collection of new data through coding, transcribing, and recording collected information, generating reports detailing the data collected.
- Conducts literature searches, copying and distributing articles as appropriate.
- Maintains an inventory of data collection forms to ensure ease of data retrieval.
- Assists in analysis of qualitative and quantitative data by coding and transcribing interviews.
- Perform all other duties that may be assigned in the best interest of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab including various record keeping tasks.
and you will be sent to our online application.
We ask you to please take a few minutes to fill out the application.
We look forward to speaking with you soon.