Manager of Laboratory Pricing
Medline Industries, Inc.
Medline Industries has an immediate opening for a Pricing Manager in our Laboratory product division! The Manager of Laboratory Pricing will oversee a team of direct reports responsible for processing contracted and non-contracted pricing for Medline customers. This person will also be responsible for all related activities (such as day to day process, escalations for complaints, SOPs) surrounding the Laboratory Pricing processes, and wilil be responsible for maintaining strong relationships with the vendor community to secure locally negotiated pricing.
- Translate leadership strategy into actionable tactics and objectives.
- Oversee resources, activities and outcomes of the Laboratory Pricing processes.
- Negotiate local pricing contracts for acute and non-acute prime vendor accounts with vendors on behalf of Laboratory sales.
- Decipher issues which cause pricing discrepancies.
- Collaborate with sales leadership, customers, vendors, and sales reps to resolve issues.
- Responsible for analysis, reporting, and optimization of the division's pricing; provide insight into trends and discrepancies.
- Identify process changes to decrease risk and increase efficiency.
- Organize, plan and recommend analysis and reports consistent with continuous improvement processes and procedures.
- Participate in functional and cross‑functional team meetings.
- Generate and maintain SOP documentation.
- Management responsibilities include:
- Day-to-day operations of a group of employees.
- Making decisions with financial implications
- Interpret and execute policies for departments/projects and develops.
- Recommend and implement new policies or modifications to existing policies.
- Provide general guidelines and parameters for staff functioning.
- Hiring staff, recommending pay increases, performing performance reviews, training and development of staff, estimating personnel needs, assigning work, meeting completion dates, interpreting and ensuring consistent application of organizational policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- At least 4 years’ experience in contract administration, customer pricing, or customer support.
- Experience negotiating contracts, pricing, resolving service issues and reconciling differences with external partners/clients.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and facilitating teams to identify and implement solutions to complex problems.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience taking the steps to ensure the assignment/project is accomplished within tight timeframes.
- Experience with End-user in SAP.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using AVERAGE function, merging and centering cells, V-lookups, printing centered page and/or creating a pivot table).
- Experience facilitating high-profile projects with aggressive deadlines and significant visibility from Medline and customer leadership.
- At least 2 years of experience directly managing people including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.