Research Scientist II - Center for Rehabilitation Outcomes Research, Full-time
Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
The Research Scientist II assists with executing pre-clinical scientific research strategies in research. Investigates the feasibility of applying variety of scientific principles and concepts to potential inventions, products and problems. Demonstrates achievements in basic, clinical or biomedical engineering research that have brought distinction to the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab. Contributes to the overall direction of research at Shirley Ryan AbilityLab.
The Research Scientist II will consistently demonstrate support of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab statement of Vision, Mission and Core Values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The Research Scientist II will demonstrate Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and Core Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, and Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
- Normal office environment with little or no exposure to dust or extreme temperature.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Research Scientist II:
- Assists with the development of goals and objectives for area of responsibility to ensure continued scientific growth and development of research laboratory/unit/center.
- Assists with preparing research proposals and grant applications to secure external research funding
- Ensures that scientific and budgetary milestones of specific projects are met.
- Begins to publish original studies in refereed journals that advance the clinical discipline or research field.
- Participates in scientific review for granting agencies
- Demonstrates leadership activity in professional organizations
- Contributes to institutional leadership by serving on relevant committees
- Develops productive collaborations with other established investigators.
- May participate in development of patent applications.
- Performs all other duties that may be assigned in the best interest of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab.
- Reports directly to the assigned Principal Investigator
and you will be sent to our online application.
We ask you to please take a few minutes to fill out the application.
We look forward to speaking with you soon.