LTD Commodities LLC
We believe everyone has a talent. LTD provides a collaborative and dynamic environment for you to do what you do best. We want difference makers, innovators and thought leaders. From our humble beginnings as a family-run mail-order business, we have grown to become a national catalog retailer and eCommerce business. For over 50 years, LTD has provided home goods and unique gifts to our customers at tremendous values. We remain a privately held company focused on one premise – exceeding our customers’ expectations! If you are looking for an opportunity to wow our customers and contribute to our growth, we invite you to share our vision and shape your future at LTD.
General Summary of Position:
Our buyers are responsible for creating an exciting and timely product assortment that constantly changes with our customer needs, trends and place in the market. Our buyers are responsible for developing assortment that will achieve the financial goals of all areas of their responsibility. They must have strong analytical skills matched with a creative eye, entrepreneurial spirit and vision for their business. The Buyer must be a clear communicator who can articulate a vision for his or her assortment, possess the ability to influence others and demonstrate a nimbleness when problem solving. The Marketplace focused buyer will partner with the Marketplace and Merchandising teams by providing products that support the overall business strategy which include marketplaces such as Amazon, Wal-Mart, e-Bay and Target. Being both a customer and product expert, the Buyer should understand the needs of the customer and develop an assortment that is focused on the online and Marketplace customer. The Buyer needs to be curious about new products and new ways to source or procure products. They are also responsible for expanding the Marketplace product line by expanding successful categories in addition to assisting in developing online campaigns for online only products.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop merchandise plan for product categories for marketplace and online to include Amazon, Wal-Mart, e-Bay and Target
- Request and review samples
- Negotiate pricing, terms and quantity
- Meet with vendors and attend trade shows
- Evaluate product performance including sales history, net margin, mark-up, returns and cancels
- Analyze category performance
- Assign SKUs and retail
- Analyze returns
- Meet sales, profit and margin goals
- Education: College degree or equivalent experience. Merchandise or Business Degree preferred.
- Experience: 2-3 years experience in purchasing required with experience in Marketplace or online retailer.
- Skills: Ability to communicate effectively. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Must be proficient in Excel, Access and Word. Knowledge of catalog area and direct marketing industry.