GOVT CONTRACT BUYER/PLANNER
Under the direction of COE Procurement - the Government Contract Buyer /Planner creates, reviews and maintains valid plans of material and manages the supply base in order to meet customer demand.
- Plans, schedules, releases and manages purchase, interplant orders and work orders as required.
- Ensures Government Compliance through out the procurement process
- Executes and Manages Non Disclosure Agreements (NDA's)
- Formulates Requests for Quotes based on COE Requirements - ensuring flowdown of contractual requirements
- Source selection and award of direct or indirect material purchase orders for assigned products
- Performs Price analysis for competitive and non-competitive procurements.
- Develops and execute strategies for negotiation of purchase order terms: price, delivery, expedites, etc .
- Conduct post award supplier management with a strong focus on internal customer support (Message Mgt)
- Works with internal and external suppliers to resolve material issues (shortages, emergency customer demands, etc.).
- Quotes deliveries for sales requests.
- Develops and maintains communication channels between various departments and the
- Supply Chain to maintain the flow of materials to support the customer. Reviews, communicates and acts upon anticipated delays.
- Reviews anticipated shortage reports for future demands
- Reviews, analyzes, and makes changes to supply based on the outcome of monthly S&OP meeting.
- Maintains and analyzes planning parameters (i.e. Lead times, lot sizes order quantities, safety stock).
- Reviews, analyzes and implements replenishment targets to support 'pull' system.
- Participates in capacity review meetings with internal and external suppliers.
- Monitor and maintain inventory levels in alignment with business unit goals.
- Works with IT groups to test changes and updates in the ERP system.
- Participating in CI-/ Lean-projects.
- Resolves invoice issues, implements engineering changes, and coordinates rework and return purchase orders. Sends Request for quotes to suppliers for pricing, delivery and inventory position - may be site specific.
- Communicate cost changes with Global Sourcing and update contracts as needed.
- Train suppliers to use WW systems (i.e. ebiz, POOLR, POSS, etca|)
- May be required to complete termination reports on requests from Sales.
Working Environment / Physical Activities:
- General Office area
- Clear understanding of Nondisclosure Agreement Requirements and Proprietary Data
- Knowledge of ITAR and EAR requirements
- Cost/Price analysis skills required for competitive and non-competitive procurements
- Understanding of Government Contracting; includng FAR, DFARS and other government regulations
- Knowledge of sizing, material planning and production scheduling.
- Solid knowledge of WISE/Cincom/SAP, particularly MRP related screens.
- Solid knowledge of Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRPII).
- Solid knowledge of planning functions/roles.
- Good communication skill, both verbal and written.
- Good detail orientation and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage several tasks at the same time.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite skills.
- Knowledge of Woodward replenishment programs.
- Involved in Continuous Improvement projects
Education or Formal Training:
- 4 years degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience required.
- APICS or CPSM/CPM Certification prefered
- Previous Buying, material planning and/or production planning experience in a Government Contract environment, if no degree
Woodward is an independent designer, manufacturer, and service provider of control solutions for the aerospace and energy markets. Our aerospace systems and components optimize the performance of fixed wing and rotorcraft platforms in commercial, business and military aircraft, ground vehicles and other equipment. Our energy-related systems and components enhance the performance of industrial gas and steam turbines, reciprocating engines, compressors, wind turbines, electrical grids and other energy-related industrial equipment. The company’s innovative fluid energy, combustion control, electrical energy, and motion control systems help customers offer cleaner, more reliable and more efficient equipment. Our customers include leading original equipment manufacturers and end users of their products.
Woodward is an Equal Opportunity Employer