Market Sales Director - Government Sales (Veterans Affairs)
Medline Industries, Inc.
Oversee and manage the sales activities of the market within a specific geographic responsibility.
Implement and drive sales plans, strategies, objectives, policies and procedures that conform to broad corporate marketing objectives through the Account Reps.
Lead sales and gross margin dollar growth activities for specific products in a defined geographic territory.
- Develop sales objectives for market areas and present to management for approval.
- Direct all activities related to implementation of the plan designed to realize business growth objectives. Activities include but are not limited to:
- development of product line
- development of value added programs
- special reporting solutions
- inventory and distribution solutions
- billing and invoicing solutions
- marketing requirements
- communication and direction to sales force
- Research opportunities and set strategies for future business growth while working with sales, product divisions, operations, and management to assemble the tools needed to achieve goals.
- Apply in-depth knowledge of products, procedures and practices.
- Work with the Account Rep to determine how best to make these accounts profitable.
- Recommend pricing strategies and promotional programs for key customers in assigned territory.
- Development and present RFP response. Coordinate presentations materials related to an RFP response.
- Secure orders from existing and potential customers by means of visiting the customer facility or by phone.
- With Account Reps, coordinate the implementation and compliance with signed agreements.
- Protect and grow Medline’s sales by negotiating sales and by introducing Medline programs as a means to gain additional contracts and to grow sales.
- Work with our Account Reps to grow Medline sales within their accounts all while maintaining compliance with contract T+C’s.
- Build relationships and maintain personal contact with key customers in assigned markets.
- Respond to customer inquiries and complaints over the phone or in person.
- Develop leads working through designated sales management.
- Provide a main point of contact for Account Reps and clients.
- Coach and train existing Account Reps on “What to Sell & How to Sell it”; on what Medline product areas they should be focused on to maximize their sales growth potential; how to close business within their account
- Training any new account reps when turnover occurs at the account level
- Recruit and interview candidates for independent sales representative positions and recommends hiring to President.
Education & Relevant Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years sales experience
- High school diploma or equivalent and at least 8 years of sales experience.
- Experience presenting to and communicating with various audiences (ex. others with differing language, senior management and non-technical audiences).
- Experience coaching, mentoring, and/or training staff.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Willing to travel up to 80% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Relevant Work Experience
- At least 2 years of experience selling to headquarter level personnel.
- At least 2 years of experience managing sales professionals.
- At least 3 years of general experience managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating and directing people as they work.