DAVIES MOLDING, LLC
- Negotiate pricing with vendors and work to minimize the impact of cost increases.
- Purchase raw materials such as molding compounds; inserts; set screws; inlays; and pointers for Injection, Compression and Finishing departments. Work to maintain inventory levels that minimize excess inventory and stock outs.
- Manage the offshore sourcing program. Responsibilities include establishment of project timelines, negotiating pricing and liaison for tooling and product design.
- Establish and maintain vendor performance program. Responsibilities include evaluation and communication back to the vendor.
- Review and establish blanket purchase orders where appropriate. All blanket purchase orders should be established at a maximum of 12 months and reviewed annually.
- Establish and maintain strong inventory procedures that ensure the accuracy of on hand balances.
- Establish and maintain Kanban program for inserts, set screws, inlays and pointers for molding and Finishing Department. Stocking levels and reorder quantities should be reviewed and updated on a regular basis.
- Execute lean concepts such as 5S and visual reordering (i.e., Kanban) that reduce the effort to maintain accurate records and ensure quantities are stocked at appropriate levels.
- Responsible for maintaining best prices for manufacturing supplies for all manufacturing areas, tool room, maintenance department and office supplies. Reduce non-inventory suppliers.
- Responsible for maintaining best prices for cardboard packaging requirements. Assure that our supply stock is adequate.
- Maintain purchase orders, handle data entry, changes and send out copy to vendor.
- Lead annual physical inventory.
- Assist manager with any additional projects as assigned.
- BA in Business/Manufacturing is preferred, or equivalent work experience.
Skills & Relevant Work Experience
- Requires excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office Package.
- Requires knowledge in production planning, expediting orders and purchasing skills within a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication skills and able to multi task effectively, with an attention to details.
- Assertiveness skills to get the best price.