Ashfield Healthcare LLC
Ashfield Healthcare has partnered with an innovative biotech company to build a nationwide team of Clinical Educators (CE) whose mission is to provide supplemental device training for NTM (Nontuberculous Mycobacteria) or Mycobacterium avium complex (MAC) lung disease patients and their caregiver(s) throughout their early treatment experience.
The Clinical Educator (CE) will have an in-depth understanding of the disease state and treatment options, the process of medication delivery via specialty pharmacy, and if applicable, individual patient situations including insurance and reimbursement challenges, patient support offerings through the client's patient services, and potential community resources.
The program is designed with the needs of patients diagnosed with NTM MAC lung disease and is an effective and comprehensive program used to ensure that users of the product have ample access to robust clinical product education and device training.
This is your opportunity to join Ashfield, represent a top biotechnology company!
What's in it for you?
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent Benefits - accrued time off, medical, dental, vision, 401k, disability & life insurance, employee discounts/promotions
- Generous performance-driven Incentive Compensation package
- Competitive environment with company wide recognition, contests and coveted awards
What will you be doing?
- Understand a patient's support needs, and interaction preferences, to deliver upon a seamless, tailored patient experience that helps each patient initiate his or her treatment as prescribed by the HCP (Healthcare Professional)
- Establish a supplemental support relationship with each assigned patient, starting with disease state education, treatment initiation and follow up if needed
- Communicate timely and effectively with each assigned patient regarding program support and treatment expectations
- Collaborate with Case Manager to monitor each patient through their initial treatment experience, and proactively resolve any emerging treatment continuation barriers and follow up as needed
- Provide supplemental education to patient and caregiver on proper technique to self-administer product
- Maintain communication and integrate activities, when appropriate, with key stakeholders to support the patient experience
- Increase awareness of disease state through education to healthcare professionals
- Train and educate office staff on the product and device including adverse events and safety information per label
- Responsible for documenting all activity related to office calls and patient interaction timely and accurately.
- Adheres to internal and external compliance and codes of conduct.
- Provide a responsive, patient focused service in order to satisfy customer needs
- Report to the Ashfield Regional Manager or Client Account Manager
- Capture time and expenses while working on the program through the Ashfield dedicated time capture and expense system
What do you need for this position?
- Qualified HCP (Registered Respiratory Therapist or Registered Nurse) with current state license. Multi-state licensure is an asset
- Associates Degree/Bachelors/BSN preferred
- Minimum of 3 years' experience working in respiratory disease state or related field and home healthcare experience preferred
- Demonstrate effective and professional communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills and computer literacy
- Demonstrable organizational skills
- Experience presenting to various customer groups is preferred
- Availability during nights and/or weekends to meet program needs
- Availability for 50 to 75% overnight travel in territory
- Ability to travel on a regular basis via car and/or airplane as needed
- Valid US Driver's License
- Ability to lift, carry and otherwise move up to 25 pounds
- Ability to sit, stand or walk for various lengths of time throughout the day
- Ability to operate fax/copy machines, telephone, calculator, computer and systems on a daily basis
- Pulmonary/Respiratory experience highly preferred
- Clinical Educator and/or pharmaceutical industry experience
Ashfield, part of UDG Healthcare plc, is a global leader in commercialization services for the healthcare industry. We partner with our clients across Advisory, Healthcare Communications, Commercial, Patient Solutions and Medical Affairs to build creative, scalable and tailored health solutions that are executed flawlessly, to deliver positive outcomes for patients and add value to your business.
Our mission is to partner with our clients, improving lives by helping healthcare professionals and patients get the medicines, knowledge and support they need.
To learn more about Ashfield, visit us at: http://www.ashfieldhealthcare.com/en/about-en/
Ashfield is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at Ashfield are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Ashfield will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ashfield is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D. We appreciate your interest in our company, however; only qualified candidates will be considered.