VP of Strategic Account Management
As the leading provider of molecular solutions in the clinical and life sciences market, we are looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic and dependable leader to join the Strategic Accounts team in this collaborative and highly-matrixed position. The Vice President-Strategic Account Management, will proactively build and manage executive level and C-Suite relationships with assigned academic accounts, consortiums, and corporate organizations. This role will leverage key relationships within these networks and institutions, which are comprised of leading community and academic oncology practices and cancer centers nationwide. In addition, this relationship focused role will identify potential partners and build collaborative relationships with new sites nationwide. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of Leadership Success in Oncology Sales and/or Marketing with excellent presentation and communication skills. This Sr. individual contributor leader will work with and lead a team of Area Vice Presidents, Regional Business Directors, Molecular Oncology Specialists, and Account Managers to meet and exceed area volume and revenue goals by establishing c-suite level relationships in key accounts in order to develop account specific strategies to further our national, area, and regional business objectives. This individual must be able to lead and coordinate a matrix team and create a top level strategy for approaching an account and executing on all deliverables. The ability to lead without authority and energize a team is a key skill that will make this individual successful. Candidate should be prepared to discuss existing relationships at the top 175 cancer centers in the USA.Job Responsibilities:
- Target institutions – Will be assigned based on existing relationships at existing accounts and geographic oriented. This will include but not be limited to academic institutions, networks (NCCA, QCCA, One Oncology, etc), large community accounts in an assigned geography
- Responsibilities include- CMI fulfilment, driving CMI volume, matching Caris resources to institution – integration managers, pathology services, patient navigators, customer service, medical affairs, EMR integration, data and trials. This position is a leadership position that will work closely with Caris senior leaders to ensure the account is performing internally and externally.
- Map the account and influencers in the account and then develop a strategic approach
- Drive CMI volume growth by 100% and market share by 50%
- Develop and implement powerful key account strategies in large oncology centers of excellence in order to establish, grow, and maintain Caris Life Science business
- Lead within a cross functional and matrix environment (sales, client services, marketing, etc.) to create account specific successes
- Develop high level key opinion leader relationships with a focus on the C-suite in order to develop account specific strategies which will benefit our valued partners and Company
- Identify trends and opportunities in the comprehensive molecular profiling space and utilize them to inform key account business strategies
- Utilize a consultative business approach to define account specific strategies and solutions which will result in a positive return on investment for our valued partners and Company
- Responsible for the development of new and existing customer relationships with major corporate oncology networks and consortiums.
- Establish and develop productive, professional relationships with Executive leadership and key personnel and cross collaboratively leverage these relationships in support of strategic initiatives.
- Participate in Executive level discussions regarding collaborative projects for members of these oncology networks.
- Work internally to ensure all projects and contractual obligations are met as they relate to oncology network sites.
- Work with field-based sales team to engage with individual oncology practices within a network and establish adoption of CMI products and services as they relate to corporate initiatives.
- Monitor and communicate on clinical molecular genomics developments, i.e. competitors, new technology, new test offerings, etc.
- Collaborate with Executive Leadership, Medical and Commercial team to develop strategic initiatives and develop Executive relationships in key institutions.
- Utilize a collaborative approach across Company to maintain key clinical accounts
- Develop future strategy to maximize the opportunity in oncology network accounts.
- Executive sales and account management experience.
- A motivated, goal-orientated individual who can work effectively, both independently and as part of a team.
- A professional outward appearance and attitude, with superior oral/written communication skills, including strong negotiation skills.
- Strong interest in cell/molecular biology, with knowledge of drug discovery and development processes and platforms.
- Proven ability to manage time effectively, respond quickly to changing priorities, and adapt within a fast-paced environment.
- Possess problem-solving and analytical skills, with strong computer proficiency.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Drive for Results (Service, Quality, and Continuous Improvement) – Ensure procedures and processes are in place that lead to delivery of quality results and continually reassess their effectiveness to achieve continuous improvement
- Communication – Proficient verbal and written communication skills; willingness to share and receive information and ideas from all levels of the organization in order to achieve the desired results
- Teamwork – Commitment to the successful achievement of team and organizational goals through a desire to participate with and help other members of the team
- Customer Service Focus – Demonstrate a focus on listening to and understanding client/customer needs and exceeding service and quality expectations
- Must be able to quickly become a subject matter expert on an assigned therapeutic area and drive national launch strategies
- A Bachelor’s degree required, Masters/MBA/Doctorate degree preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a sales, consultative or account management capacity managing high level relationships
- Experience with Executive level collaborative sales and initiatives of strategic significance with Molecular Diagnostics, Anatomic Pathology and/or Genomics is a plus
- Must possess ability to sit, stand, and/or work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Visual acuity and analytical skill to distinguish fine detail.
- Must possess ability to perform repetitive motion.
- 75% travel nationwide