Maintenance Technician II - Addison MDW2
Genesis10 is actively seeking a Maintenance Technician II resource for a contract for hire (approximate 90 day contract)--NOT A CONTRACT position--with our client located in Addison, IL. This postilion requires candidates available for shift work (must have flexibility to work any shift and four 10-hour days) This is an onsite position in Addison, IL; No third parties will be considered.
- Primarily perform Electrical and Mechanical tasks on automated packaging and distribution equipment.
- Utilizes working knowledge to troubleshoot and repair Motors/Wiring configurations, Electrical Schematics, Control Circuits, Electrical Distribution Systems, and Preventive / Predictive maintenance.
- Team member must be able to work in a team oriented and safety conscious environment. "Safety First” expectations include, but are not limited to, PJHA process, Observation process, and compliance with all company / site safety guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to install, maintain, and troubleshoot power distribution systems, branch circuits, lighting systems, transformers, and wiring methods and materials.
- Ability to install, maintain, and troubleshoot control circuits, control components-- photo eyes, motor starters, relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, timers, and solenoids.
- Perform assigned tasks to include, but not limited to, Dematic, Intelligrated and Hytrol package sort systems.
- Repairs to be performed in conformance with established standards. Assist in formulating standards / work procedures while performing those duties and provide work order feedback on discrepancies noted in service delivery.
- Must have the flexibility to work all shifts including holidays and weekends as demanded by the job.
- Ensures compliance with all company / customer regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Achieve performance expectations set forth as part of performance appraisals to include employee development planning.
- Communications with all team members to support the development of short- and long-range planning in support of the company's goals and objectives
- Any personal tool requirements will be communicated as part of employment. If personal tools are required, employee must maintain and keep tool lists up to date.
- Meet physical requirements of the job. Physical requirements of the job will be provided to you prior to employment.
- Perform assigned tasks in a safe, effective, and efficient manner.
- Accurate and timely administrative duties to include, but not limited to, time accounting and work order completion.
- Must maintain positive customer and employee relations. and have attendance within acceptable guidelines
- Possess a high school degree or an approved GED. Associates in Electronics or Industrial Electricity or Industrial Maintenance preferred, but not required.
- Automated conveyors systems Electrical and electronic principles
- Blueprint and electrical schematic reading Knowledge of CMMS programs
- Preventive and Predictive maintenance procedures Industrial electrical
- Knowledge of N.E.C. Industrial Maintenance
- Must have a good working knowledge to include, but not limited to, the troubleshooting and repair of Motors/Wiring configurations, Electrical Schematics, Control Circuits, Electrical Distribution Systems, and Preventive / Predictive maintenance.
- Must have working knowledge of the following: proper use of hand/power tools and electrical troubleshooting/diagnostic equipment, shop math, fasteners, measurements, and parts nomenclature.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, climb flights of stairs, and work from elevated areas. Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination sufficient to operate hand tools and industrial machinery such as a truck or fork-lift. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- The employee must be able to lift and /or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; airborne particles; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud in certain areas, requiring hearing protection. Occasionally work from elevated areas (ladders, platforms, scaffolding, and others as required).
- Work from elevated areas (ladders, platforms, scaffolding, and others as required) utilizing fall protection equipment as needed.
- Work visa sponsorship is unavailable for this opportunity.
- US citizenship or permanent residency is required, C2C / 3rd parties will not be considered.
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, apply today!
Genesis10 is a Professional Technology Services Firm providing Staffing, Workforce Optimization and Domestic Outsourcing Solutions. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement – project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com “Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V”