VP Marketing Data & Analytics
The Vice President (VP) of Marketing Data & Analytics will provide the insights and infrastructure that lead strategy and marketing decision-making. This role is about improving our customer engagement, marketing decision making, and strategy through analytics. This person will provide the backbone of market positioning, customer segmentation, data analysis, and pricing strategies across all channels.
Data Strategy, Infrastructure, and Governance:
- Drive marketing analytics strategy and roadmap for the company.
- Build a center of excellence in CRM and marketing analytics by providing thought leadership in measurement, data collection, research, and test/learn methodologies.
- Champion a culture of data-informed, insights-driven decision making.
- Identify gaps in existing digital and customer data infrastructure required for measurement and audience analytics. Recommend enhancements and drive implementation of those enhancements
- Define guidelines and guardrails for salesforce by establishing minimum and suggested sales price and margin requirements.
- Develop and implement a price protection policy.
- Oversee pricing execution process ensuring adherence to timelines, data integrity, and consistency in website and sales force pricing.
Performance Measures and Drivers:
- Develop solutions on campaign analytics, full-funnel multi-touch attribution, digital analytics, experimentation reporting, event analytics, brand analytics, targeting profiles, contact and lead management, pipeline analytics, and pricing analytics.
- Develop pricing and analytics plan in partnership with Business Unit General Managers and model impact of actions on financial performance, accounting for customer price sensitivity, interactions between different products and brands, competitive reaction, and distribution implications.
- Create statistical regression models to calculate price elasticity and cross-elasticity coefficients for all Business Units.
- Monitor impact of marketing programs through evaluation of SKU performance, market reaction, contribution to sales and profit, and report to the executive leadership team.
Insights and Recommendations:
- Design, build, implement, and support the marketing analytics deliverables by assimilating data from multiple sources and present the information in a clear way to stakeholders: marketing and product organization, sales leaders, and business unit General Managers.
- Drive business results with data-based insights, and work with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams; discover solutions hidden in large data sets and work with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
- Create and use advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics to deliver recommendations for business results: i.e. regression, simulation scenario analysis; modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
Reports to the Chief Marketing Officer
- 8+ years of experience in Revenue Management, Financial Planning & Analysis, or Management Consulting position
- Previous work experience must consist of 4 years with Financial Modeling, Business Performance Analytics, and Budget Planning, including Income Statement components, NetSuite ERP or other ERP systems, Excel modeling, Visual Basic for Applications, and data warehouse applications like DOMO.
- 2 years’ experience with marketing analytics, including applied knowledge of elasticities, cross-elasticities, and pricing models.
- 2 years’ experience coordinating data science and data management initiatives ensuring adoption of best practices.
- 2 years’ experience in Pricing, Trade Optimization, or Revenue Management, including engagement in the implementation of pricing related initiatives.
- Experience using applied statistics to conduct and read multi-variate regressions, statistical significance tests, analyses of variance, and multicollinearity tests.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or directly related quantitative field
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment with a sense of urgency; experience operating in a private or private equity-owned business is a plus
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS AND OTHER KEY CONSIDERATIONS
- An analytical thinker who is systematic, strategic, and focused on problem-solving and forward momentum
- Persistence and a strong focus on deliverables, balanced with excellent teamwork and diplomacy
- Self-assured; a leadership style that encourages results-driven, task-oriented collaboration
- Attention to detail while maintaining strategic focus, strong organizational skills. Strong prioritization skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Naturally resourceful, hands-on, detail-oriented, and independent while being a strong collaborator with peers and subordinates
- Proven ability to achieve goals through influence and partnership, but a bias for hands-on action and front-line leadership
- Innovative and imaginative