Maintenance Service Custodian Specialist - Union
At Brookfield Properties, our success starts with our people. People like you.
We develop, operate, and manage more than 650 properties and 325 million square feet of real estate across the globe. It's a feat that wouldn't be possible without our team, a diverse group of creative visionaries and innovative experts who are relentless in pursuit of one goal: to ensure our buildings don't simply meet the needs of our tenants, residents, and communities — but exceed them, every day.
We know that a “one-size-fits-all” approach doesn't work when it comes to residential living. That's why, at Brookfield Properties, our portfolio features a wide range of options for any stage of life. And though our properties may be diverse, one thing is universal: all offer the unparalleled quality, service, and support our residents deserve.
If you're ready to be a part of our team, we encourage you to apply.
We are searching for a talented Maintenance Custodian Specialist, Union to be based out of The Pavilion in Chicago, IL!
We thought you might want to check out where you could be working next. Click here to take a peek at the property! Trust us… you are going to like what you see.
Assists in performing a variety of custodial and general maintenance duties of routine nature at a multi-unit residential property. This includes heavy cleaning duties, trash and snow removal, and basic maintenance tasks. This position reports needed repairs to the maintenance supervisor to help property meet regulated standards.
Saturday: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Sunday: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Monday: 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Tuesday: 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Wednesday: 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM
- Performs duties to maintain the cleanliness of the interior and exterior of a property. This may include shampooing carpets, pressure washing surfaces, snow removal, and rubbish disposal and removal.
- Performs basic maintenance functions under the guidance of the maintenance supervisor. This may include replacing light bulbs and air filters, caulking, pool maintenance, lock repair, and other duties using hand tools.
- Notifies management of areas of the property that need repairs.
- Prefer a high school diploma, GED (General Educational Development), or equivalent. Depending on property needs, may need to have a valid driver's license.
- In addition to the education outlined above, zero to one year prior experience working on a commercial or multi-unit residential property
- Ability to effectively prioritize in a fast-moving environment.
- Requires close attention to detail.
- May be required to work flexible schedule including over-time, nights, weekends, and on-call.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Religion/Sex/Protected Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Marital Status/Pregnancy/Age/National Origin/Genetic Information
Drug free workplace