LTD Commodities LLC
We believe everyone has a talent. LTD provides a collaborative and dynamic environment for you to do what you do best. We want difference makers, innovators and thought leaders. From our humble beginnings as a family-run mail-order business, we have grown to become a national catalog retailer and eCommerce business. For over 50 years, LTD has provided home goods and unique gifts to our customers at tremendous values. We remain a privately held company focused on one premise – exceeding our customers’ expectations! If you are looking for an opportunity to wow our customers and contribute to our growth, we invite you to share our vision and shape your future at LTD.
General Summary of Position:
The Assistant Buyer is an entry-level position that works with and assists the Buyer to achieve product acquisition, sales, and margin goals in the department of a specific product category, to produce a product assortment that meets or exceeds the required volume. The Assistant Buyer interacts with vendors regarding information gathering, problem solving and purchasing of the products. In the process, the Assistant Buyer gains product knowledge and learns the long-range business strategy within the areas of responsibility.
Essential Job Functions:
- Reviews Product Information Sheets submitted by vendors to insure that all information is complete and accurate.
- Completes Product Advertising Sheet identifying products’ unique selling features, product specs and overall look of the product in the ad.
- Communicates daily with vendors via e-mail and phone - promptly responds to all inquiries.
- Monitors buyer's workflow to verify all buys are completed and items scheduled in promotions are progressing as required
- Analyzes product placement within the market including similar products and retail analysis.
- Communicates to Advertising Department how to photograph the product by providing detailed, required information for Advertising to utilize to create the final ad page.
- Maintains listing of all samples ordered and follows up with vendors until all samples are received.
- Answers questions from other departments within LTD regarding products within the departments of responsibility.
- Submits any changes to an ad as directed by the buyer.
- Reviews and analyzes department sales history.
- Receives and organizes product samples for the buyer.
- Reviews and analyzes weekly test sales promotions.
- Calculates all additional costs associated with product set up.
- Negotiates with vendor for better costs.
- Completes new vendor set up.
- Works with buyer to develop products within category.
- Works on projects and sales reports as assigned by the buyer or management.
- Reviews product ads and requests corrections, revisions and reshoots as needed.
- Reviews and provides answers on receipts with issues (shortages, overages and damages).
- Continually develops skills with the focus to become a candidate for a buyer position.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Field of Study: business, merchandising or related field
- Minimum 1 year prior work experience in direct support of a buyer preferred or prior work in a retail environment.
- Specific Skill Requirements
- Strong analytical skills, including retail math
- Problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Computer Skills:
- Microsoft Excel and Word
- PowerPoint, Outlook and typing skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Schedule Requirements
- Full time - 40 hour week, Monday through Friday.