Staff Nurse - RN - Acute Urgent Care Clinic - Pediatrics
La Rabida Children's Hospital
Who we are:
La Rabida Children’s Hospital is the only hospital of its kind in Chicago. We specialize in treatment of chronic illnesses, developmental disabilities, abuse and trauma.
La Rabida provides comprehensive, interdisciplinary health services to children across a continuum of care, serving as a model for family-centered care.
La Rabida is a very special place. Triumphs occur here. Children overcome odds and excel beyond hope. This is where those who serve gain more than they give. La Rabida offers rewarding job opportunities across a wide array of clinical, administrative and support service functions.
Our lakefront location is spectacular. If you’re ready to work for an organization where caring is a way of life, you’ve come to the right place.
Full-time position - three 12 hour shifts - Flex Shifts (7:00am-7:30pm & 11:00am-11:30pm), rotating weekends and holidays
- Plan, organize, and deliver direct and indirect nursing care to children and adolescents in the emergency treatment room.
- Utilize evaluative judgment, specialized knowledge and professional level nursing skills in a family-centered fashion.
- Collaborate with the multi-disciplinary team to deliver urgent, emergent, and non-acute care.
What we need from you:
- Candidate must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Licensed to practice professional nursing in the State of Illinois required.
- CPR and PALS certification required.
- Previous (4 yrs) experience in pediatrics, preferably in an outpatient setting with one year of emergency nursing required.
- ENPC and certification in intravenouts therapy preferred.
What you will receive:
· Competitive Salary
· Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
· Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and Accident Insurance
· Retirement Plan - plan for your future and life after La Rabida with our customized 403b plan with generous matching
· Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) - we make sure employees have the time they need to recharge and be the best versions of themselves!
· Tuition Reimbursement - looking to continue your education toward a Bachelor's or Master's Degree.
La Rabida Children’s Hospital is very proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.