Assistant Supervisor Sanitation- 3rd Shift
Hearthside Food Solutions LLC
Follows procedures and SOPs to perform cleaning on production equipment to ensure safety, hygiene, and food safety. May record information to reflect sanitation activities and issues. Advises/updates supervisor/manager of progress and or other non-routine issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Follows established procedures in the cleaning and sanitation of idle production equipment.
• Completes required reporting to reflect activity.
• Advises supervisor when supplies need to be ordered.
• Familiarity and understanding of testing for chemical concentrations.
• Familiarity with COP and CIP systems.
• Familiarity with refractometers a plus
• Maintain the master sanitation schedule
• Ensures periodic equipment cleaning is completed per schedule
• Supports pre-operational inspection.
• Responsible for training sanitation team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Must be capable of being productive on third-shift scheduling. In addition, some facilities are multi-level and may require ascending or descending stairs.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Must be able to speak, read, and write in basic English; Spanish is a plus.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; at least six months experience in a sanitation production environment preferred.
Supervisory skills are desired.
Must be able to do simple math adding, subtracting, multiply, divide with a focus on understanding dilution rates.
Must have some Microsoft Office skills.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Multi-shift production operations may be expansive, noisy, wet/humid and vary in temperature from
refrigerated environment, ambient or warm in summer months depending on facility.