COVID-19 Contact Tracer: The COVID-19 Contact Tracer will be responsible for calling all contacts of an individual newly diagnosed with COVID-19. The COVID-19 Contact Tracer will check symptoms and give further instruction in compliance with the Department of Health’s safety guidelines and confidentiality practices related to personal information.
Job Type: Work from Home / Remote
- Communicate with COVID-19 diagnosed individuals with empathy and professionalism.
- Use a web-based client resource management (CRM) to call contacts of anyone diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Collect and accurately record information on symptoms into a web-based CRM.
- Provide contacts with information about testing sites, quarantine procedures, and isolation tips.
- COVID-19 Contact Tracers must follow a provided script to inform contacts about the importance of quarantine and what to do if symptoms develop.
- Keep personal information confidential in accordance with public regulations.
- Must complete COVID-19 Contact Tracing Certification.
- Basic understanding of the coronavirus and its symptoms.
- Ability to listen and be compassionate to distressed individuals.
- Critical thinking and sound judgment required.
- Ability to communicate well with people from all demographics.
- High School Degree or equivalent required.
- Must possess a working landline telephone or mobile device.
- Must possess a working computer and have reliable internet access.
- Technology requirements: PC with Windows 10 and antivirus protection, and Windows Firewall; or Mac with Apple OS X 10.13 and antivirus protection; to use for this job.
- A headset is preferred.
- Must speak and write in fluent English.
- Second languages are a plus, but not required.
- Social Work, Call Center, and Market Research backgrounds preferred, but not required.
- Experience working in a call center or healthcare environment is helpful, but not required.
This position offers competitive pay.