Chicago Jobs | Application Engineer (Intersystem Cache, Ensemble, Mirth, Orion, or Corepoint ) Jobs
Application Engineer (Intersystem Cache, Ensemble, Mirth, Orion, or Corepoint )
We're seeking an Application Engineer with Intersystem Cache, Ensemble, Mirth, Orion, or Corepoint experience for a FTE opportunity located in New York City.
Seeking an Application Engineer to manage its infrastructure with a focus on Intersystem Cache/Ensemble in both Linux and Windows. This position reports directly to the Engineering Manager of the IT Department. The Application Engineer is responsible for the day-to-day monitoring and management of the Application. The end to end utilization of Intersystem Healthshare Platform including responding to general inquiries and working on active trouble tickets. Work independently and as member of the IT Engineering team. Responsible for collaborating with the Project Management, Development, Security, and Support teams to ensure successful project implementations. This role is hands on and accountable for ensuring the reliability, availability and security of services to its customers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Perform advisory role on complex project initiatives.
• Maintain a broad understanding of the goals, who our participants are, and statutory requirements at State level.
• Achieve operations excellence by proactively identifying pain areas, solution design, and implementation.
• Responsible for operational activities in support of business areas and customers.
• Ensure application availability meets the defined SLA.
• Implement Role Based Access Control to the Application.
• Diagnose and solve technical issues that arise in the implemented Intersystem platform (Caché, Ensemble).
• Log bugs/defects, steps to reproduce the defect, and actions taken to remediate the defect.
• Collaborate with software developers and software implementers to reproduce, test defects, and validate corrections made to those defects.
• Collaborate with the Intersystem "Tier 3" technical support team to diagnose and solve technical issues pertaining to their software platform.
• Participate in the transition of projects from implementation to support.
• Ability to work with various teams in the organization to ensure delivery of projects on time.
• Manage Linux and Windows Server 2008/2012 administration.
• Work collaboratively with other members of the engineering team to escalate support issues as needed.
• Participate in document share and fix the issues that may occur.
• Must have a bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science.
• Excellent communication, organization, and attention to details are necessary.
• Strong technical competence, with the interest and aptitude to learn complex IT systems deployed primarily within the healthcare domain is required.
• Must have a least 2 or more years of experience supporting Intersystem Caché, and/or Ensemble; alternatively, having 2 or more years supporting a similar platform, such as Mirth, Orion, or Corepoint will be considered.
• Healthcare experience in clinical setup is preferred.
• Expert in Windows and Red Hat Linux OS.
• Must be motivated, enthusiastic, and pro-active with an excellent 'can-do' attitude.
• Strong technical understanding of IT infrastructure, architecture, design, and operations.
• Exceptional ability to collaborate comfortably and effectively work with senior managers and other key leaders, including peers, in making technology decisions.
• Excellent ability to multitask and prioritize tasks on multiple fronts.
• Strong oral, written, and communications skills.
• Experience in a Healthcare Payer/Provider environment is preferred.
• Positive attitude is necessary in addition to willingness to take initiative and responsibility for specific deliverables.