Chicago Jobs | Security Manager Jobs
Job DescriptionRef ID: 01300-0011502561
Classification: Security Manager
This globally known and recognized company is looking for someone highly technical from an enterprise level environment. Someone with a hands-on technical background and at a certification level of a CISSP, CSSP are strongly preferred but not required. This person MUST have enterprise cloud security program leadership experience at large organizations. This role will be working with executive-level managers and advising them on and managing the implementation of security initiatives in the public cloud. You will be responsible for creating and directing strategy, managing security operations, designing and directing the implementation of controls and policies, and building the communications and procedures associated. You will also be responsible for assessing and approving both net new and preexisting security controls put in place, where applicable.
• Outstanding thought leadership, architectural and implementation skills – a thinker and a doer – able to look at information security comprehensively and strategically, and ready to translate business strategy into technical vision and strategy.
• Have a strong understanding of cloud security, identity, and compliance solutions, security, identity, and compliance experience.
• Demonstrated ability to lead with innovative ideas rather traditional approaches; an "out-of-the-box" thinker who will determine what client needs to build today to get ahead of future threats.
• Technical certifications within information security are a plus (CISSP, CCSP or equivalents).
• Responsible for securing cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP) environment to meet or exceed organization security principles while enabling server/data migration and modernization of application development and operations.
• Drive cloud security efforts across the enterprise application portfolio teams.
• Build deep relationships with product and engineering leaders across the organization.
• Drive security risk decisions, and influence technical, application, and data architecture.
• Act as the primary liaison between the product and engineering teams, and the firms’ security team.
• Manage the monitoring and remediation of security vulnerabilities and hacking threats in network and host systems.
• Direct and approve the design of security controls.
• Managing the daily operation and implementation of the IT security strategy.
• Review and approve security policies, controls, and cyber incident response planning.
• Approve identity and access policies.
• Review investigations after breaches or incidents, including impact analysis and recommendations for avoiding similar vulnerabilities.
• Maintain a current understanding the IT threat landscape for the industry.
• Ensure cloud security compliance with the changing laws and applicable regulations.
• Translate that knowledge to identification of risks and actionable plans to protect the business.
• Work with internal teams to complete periodic security audits.
• Oversee identity and access management.
• Make sure that security policies and procedures are communicated to all personnel and that compliance is enforced.
• Manage all teams, employees, contractors, and vendors involved in IT security.
• Provide training and mentoring to teams utilizing the public cloud in relationship to security.
• Constantly update the cyber security strategy to leverage new technology and threat information.
• Brief the executive team on status and risks, including taking the role of champion for the overall strategy and control / policy implementation.
• Communicate best practices and ri
Job RequirementsCISSP, Amazon Cloud, Microsoft Azure
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with some of the best companies on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the technology jobs that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local Robert Half Technology office at 888.490.4429 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/technology to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.