Chicago Jobs | Senior Accountant, Real Estate Jobs
Senior Accountant, Real Estate
Job DescriptionRef ID: 01300-0011168545
Classification: Sr. Accountant
To apply to this Senior Accountant, Real Estate role, please send your resume to John Sadofsky (john.sadofsky "AT" roberthalf.com)
Our client, a leader in the hospitality industry, seeks a self-motivated professional to join its Corporate Accounting Real Estate team. The Sr. Accountant will be responsible for preparation and review of journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, cost segregations, financial statement analytics analytics and accumulation of details utilized to compile the quarterly statement of cash flows and footnote disclosures. In the undertaking of these tasks, the Senior Accountant – Real Estate will be expected to ensure the quality of work delivered by the team’s Staff Accountants and assist their supervisor(s) to foster the Staff Accountants’ career development.
Other essential functions:
- Preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, cost segregations, analytics, and other requested details used for financial reporting.
- Review journal entries, account reconciliations, analytics, and other work assigned to and prepared by staff accountants.
- Global fixed asset maintenance, including fixed asset additions, transfers, retirements, and depreciation for owned/leased properties.
- Fielding and resolving inquiries from management, other departments within the Company, and external auditors.
- Contribute to and enhance compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley, including documentation of process areas and testing of key controls.
Job Requirements- Knowledgeable of ERP systems
- Distinguished analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Microsoft Excel experience
- Seizes opportunities to produce results without direct supervision
- 3+ years of overall general accounting experience, ideally with Big 4 experience
- BA/BS in Accounting, CPA credentials are preferred
- Attentive, ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Ability to work well in matrix organization and dealing with ambiguity
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professionals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at 888.490.5461 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/finance to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.