Chicago Jobs | Commercial Relationship Manager III Jobs
Commercial Relationship Manager III
Exciting opportunity to become a Senior Relationship Manager and member of the Middle Market Banking group in Chicago.
The candidate will act as a trusted advisor and primary point of contact for existing and prospective commercial banking clients with revenues between $20 Million to $500 Million. Candidate will have a genuine opportunity to gain valuable experience, develop skills, and position themselves for upward career-mobility.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Disciplined and motivated self-starter who can manage business development efforts with minimal management oversight. Develops and deepens relationships with clients and prospective clients through consultative selling and introductions to appropriate bank partners in treasury management, capital markets, insurance, wealth and private banking, and retail banking. Lead team of cross functional colleagues in collaborative pre-call planning sessions resulting in memorable client interactions. Brings new ideas to clients and challenges them to consider alternative ways of doing business. Maintains an updated qualified prospect list that aligns with the risk profile of the bank. Maintains updated pipeline and proactively works to close high probability opportunities. Leverages an established group of Centers of Influence to obtain referrals and continually works to grow this network.
Partners effectively with credit risk colleagues. Ability to identify and mitigate credit risks, make recommendations on appropriate credit structure, and effectively articulate bank recommendation to clients and prospective clients. Adheres to bank policies and procedures and complies with legal and regulatory requirements. Follows processes and procedures to ensure risks are measured, monitored and controlled and compliance requirements are adhered to on an on-going basis. Keeps abreast of risk-related changes that may impact assigned work functions and processes.
Maintains a passion for learning and new skill development and a willingness to mentor colleagues. Interest in and willingness to be actively involved in community service including potentially serving on the board of directors of a non-profit organization.
COMMERCIAL RELATIONSHIP MANAGER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in accounting, finance, or a related field.
- Minimum 7- years of financial services related experience.
- Minimum of 7 plus years' experience working directly as a Commercial & Industrial Relationship Manager.
- Successful track record of recommending and cross selling important banking services including Treasury Management, Capital Markets, International Banking, Wealth Management, Private Banking, and Insurance.
- Formal credit training and commercial banking underwriting experience.
- Masters of Business Administration Degree.
- Actively involved in community and/or non-profit volunteering servicesExperienced and successful in cultivating new commercial banking relationships.
- Ability to analyze corporate financial statements and make recommendations on credit structure.
- Strong written and verbal communication and negotiation skill set.Proficient with Microsoft Office products and ability and willingness to become proficient with critical proprietary systems