Chicago Jobs | Senior Software Engineer - Front-end Jobs
Senior Software Engineer - Front-end
Valid from 9/4/2020 to 10/3/2020
Industry: Information Technology
Base Pay: N/A
Other Pay: Competitive
Employee Type: Contractor
Education: Not Specified
Experience: Not Specified
Manages Others: No
Travel Required: Not Specified
Relocation Covered: No
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client that is seeking a Senior Software Engineer in Chicago, IL.
The Sr Software Engineer will be building front-ends with React for a mission critical Web Application which is used to manage markets with trillions in value. The candidate is responsible for building configuration UIs, and for providing a visual representation of the current and historical state of the markets. You will work with Business Analysts, QAs and peers in the Agile environment to do planning, developing and testing. You need to continue building and improving existing application and testing framework to meet various business needs.
In a fast pace environment, the candidate needs to have the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and eager to learn new technologies. The team is comprised of highly skilled engineers who are focused on building quality web applications that deliver on visual excellence using cutting edge technologies. You must have an excellent written and verbal communication skills to achieve the business requirements.
- Design and implement the core functionalities independently
- Participate in code reviews to provide/take feedback from your peers
- Support testing framework along with your own applications; Write unit tests to achieve a full coverage
- Ensure code quality through mentoring and leading by example and follow the best practices
- Work with different teams to deliver the project in a timely manner
- Mentor junior developers and is influential with the team
- Help troubleshooting production issues when required
- Bring in new ideas to make improvement; Contributes to architecture discussions
- Focus mainly on backend design/implementation
- BS or MS degree in a technical field
- Webpack, Babel, HTML, CSS, AJAX, JSON, and REST API design
- Test Driven Development, Linux
- Knowledge of DevOps and Cloud computing preferred
- Financial/Futures industry experience is a plus n front-end development
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.