Chicago Jobs | Senior Logistics Broker Jobs
Senior Logistics Broker
The Logistic Broker II is responsible to the drive business growth of brokerage by effectively responding to the needs of existing and potential NFI customers in conjunction with the effective sourcing and management of NFI’s personnel sourcing carriers. This position typically reports to a Branch Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Positioning business with executive level leadership at potential and existing clients.
- Utilizes consultative sales approach with potential and existing clients.
- Skilled Negotiation of Rates & Services with clients for FTL, LTL, and Intermodal services.
- Proper positioning of brokerage services within NFI network.
- Response to sales inquiries and providing pricing on transactional based business as well as corporate pricing proposals where brokerage is a facet of that response.
- Ensuring proper follow up and management of all loads by operations staff.
- Breaking through internal obstacles that limit growth/service consistent with NFI deliverables.
- A sales/growth orientated mindset associated with organic growth as well as new client solicitation.
- Generating of business leads internally and externally.
- Manage client relationships including sales meetings, quarterly business reviews, entertainment such as lunch / dinner / events.
- Using available industry tools and relationship to identify potential customers.
- Immediate follow up and management of any exception as escalated by the support staff.
- Foster growth in brokerage business through collaboration with all NFI Departments and willingness to do “Whatever it takes” to ensure customers’ needs are met.
- BA or BS Degree preferred
- 2 - 4 years of applicable transportation/logistics experience
- Self-motivated, sales and customer service orientation
- Strong negotiation and relationship building skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Well organized with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Familiarity with DOT regulations (Hours of Service, cargo claims, etc.) helpful
- Time management skills
- Professional demeanor and strong work ethic
- Customer-focused team player
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on shipment volume.
- Ability and availability to work extended hours, including nights, weekends and holidays as required by the needs of our external clients