Chicago Jobs | DevOps Engineer Jobs
Valid from 6/27/2020 to 7/26/2020
Industry: Information Technology
Base Pay: N/A
Other Pay: Competitive
Employee Type: Full-Time
Education: Not Specified
Experience: Not Specified
Manages Others: No
Travel Required: Not Specified
Relocation Covered: No
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client that is seeking a DevOps Engineer in Chicago, IL.
As a DevOps Engineer you will work with an interdisciplinary team of brilliant and dedicated engineers to solve problems at a level of complexity and scale that is unique to healthcare. The DevOps team works closely with Development, Product, InfoSec and Customer Success to deploy, operate and support platform and products. The DevOps team uses leading technologies including Terraform, SaltStack, Jenkins and Python to deploy and manage our products on AWS.
The team is responsible for the overall successful operation, scaling, and performance of the platform and applications, and the mission is to define and design repeatable processes, automate and streamline operations, and help to develop, maintain, troubleshoot and optimize automated deployment and testing infrastructure. The process is iterative and collaborative, so some comfort with ambiguity is necessary.
Primary technologies in use:
- AWS services
- SaltStack, Terraform, Jenkins
- RDBMS (Postgres, mysql, MSSql), MongoDB Atlas
- Apache, Nginx
- 2-4 years of experience in a DevOps/SRE role
- You're adept with troubleshooting system and support issues, and recognize when to escalate
- You've helped build, deploy and maintain automated solutions, and are proficient with scripting, source control, system patching, release engineering, CI/CD, and configuration management tools and process
- You've mastered the art of -teaching yourself- through online resources for things you don't yet know
- You possess broad knowledge of server & systems administration, networking principles, databases, and cloud platform deployment
- Proficiency with AWS services (e.g. IAM, EC2, VPC, ELB, ALB, Autoscaling, Lambda), or Azure/GCP equivalents
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code (e.g. Terraform, Cloudformation) strongly preferred
- Effective communication skills are required
- Healthcare Industry experience is a plus
- Time at a smaller, high growth company is helpful
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.