Chicago Jobs | Staff Accountant Jobs
Connect Search is seeking an Entry Level Accountant for a quality real estate firm based out of Chicago, Illinois. The firm has been active in more than 20 million square feet of commercial real estate. The principals of the firm have been involved in and successfully completed a multitude of real estate investments, construction projects and developments ranging from industrial and office business parks, ground up multi-family developments, student housing projects, retail centers, mix-use business parks and much more. The Staff Accountant will also be involved in month end close processes, completing financial statements and preparing reporting for management. The Staff Accountant will work closely with the Controller and CFO. The Staff Accountant should have 1-5 years of experience, an Accounting, Business, or closely related degree, and have excellent communication skills. This is an entry level position and our client will consider someone without experience if they have the minimum requirements for the position.
· Complete journal entries and reports on a monthly basis as required by set deadlines
· Prepare and log accounts payable
· Prepare and review account reconciliations
· Assist in the month-end closing and distribution of monthly financial statements for internal and external users, including monthly journal entries and reconciling balance sheet accounts
· Ability to analyze financials and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
· Knowledge of financial and accounting software applications (QuickBooks)
· Focused, Detail & Deadline-oriented.
· Self-motivated multi-tasker and willing to complete all tasks presented.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or closely related field.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications and QuickBooks